STATEMENT OF POLICY AND PURPOSE
- Tek Kickboxing is committed to ensuring that all personal information handled by us will be processed accordingly to legally compliant standards of data protection and data security.
- The purpose of this policy is to help achieve our data protection and data security aims by:
- Notifying our students and clients of the types of personal information that we may hold about them and what we do with that information;
- Ensuring our students understand our rules for handling personal information relating to students and clients
- Identifying the responsibilities and duties of staff in respect of data protection and data security.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR DATA PROTECTION AND DATA SECURITY?
- Maintaining appropriate standards of data protection and data security is a collective task shared between all of the Tek Management and Coaching Team. This policy and the rules contained in it apply to all Tek schools and locations irrespective of the Coaching Team.
- The Tek Management Team has overall responsibility for ensuring that all personal information is handled in compliance with the law and has appointed the Tek Pathway Manager as the Data Protection Officer with the day-to-day responsibility for data processing and data security.
- All of the Coaching Team have a personal responsibility to ensure compliance with this policy, to handle all personal information consistently with the principles set out here and to ensure that measures are taken to protect the data security.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION AND ACTIVITIES ARE COVERED BY THIS POLICY?
This policy covers personal information:
- Which relates to a living individual who can be identified either from that information in isolation or by reading it together with other information we possess.
- Is stored electronically or on paper in a filing system
- Which relates to Students (present, past or future) or to any individual whose personal information we handle or control
- Which we obtain, hold or store, organise, disclose or transfer, amend, retrieve, use, handle, process, transport or destroy.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE PROCESS ABOUT STUDENTS AND WHAT DO WE DO WITH IT?
- We only collect personal information about you which you provide before or when you join as a Tek member.
- The types of personal information that we collect, store ad use about you include:
- Home address
- Phone number
- Email address
- Emergency contact information
- We will use information for the following reasons:
- Home address- ONLY in the case of an emergency
- Phone number- for regular contact about the upcoming events and information regarding Tek.
- Email address- for the purpose of marketing and communication.
- Emergency contact information- ONLY in the case of an emergenc
- We confirm that for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Tek Kickboxing is a Data Controller of the personal information in connection with your membership. This means we determine the purposes by which, and the manner in which, your personal information is processed.
- If you consider that any information held about you is inaccurate then you should tell the Tek Management Team or the Data Protection Officer.
- We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is kept secure, as described later in this policy and in general, we will not disclose your personal information to others outside of the Tek Management and Coaching Team.
- By signing the consent form and membership form you agree to the use of your personal information in accordance with this policy.
DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
- Personal information will be processed ensuring that the following principles are followed:
- Processed fairly and lawfully.
- Processed for limited purposes and in an appropriate way.
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive for the purpose.
- Not kept longer than necessary for the purpose.
- Processed in line with the students’ rights.
- We must all protect personal information in our possession from being accessed, lost, deleted or damaged without proper authorisation through the use of data security measures.
- Maintaining data security means making sure that:
- Only people who are authorised to use the information can access it.
- Information is accurate and suitable for the purpose for which it is processed; and
- Authorised persons can access information if they need it for authorised purposes. Personal information therefore should not be stored on any computer except the main computer at the Tek Academy.
- By law, we must use procedures to secure personal information throughout the period that we hold or control it, from obtaining to destroying the information.
- Personal information must not be transferred to any person to process.
- Security procedures include:
- Physically securing information.
- Controlling access to premises.
- Telephone precautions. Particular care must be taken by members of the Management Team.
- Methods of disposal. Copies of personal information, whether on paper or on any physical storage device, must be physically destroyed once membership is cancelled. Paper documents should be shredded.
SUBJECT ACCESS REQUESTS
By law, any student may make a formal request for information that we hold about them.